2012 Official Rules
No Purchase Necessary. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID Where Prohibited.
- DESCRIPTION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES: The Suit up for Summer Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is designed to give eligible entrants the opportunity to vote for their preferred Kardashian Kollection swimsuit. The prizes will be awarded to five (5) entrants who will be drawn at random.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter, you must (a) have an active Facebook account; (b) Like the official Facebook account for searsStyle (http://www.facebook.com/searsStyle); (c) vote for your favorite swimsuit and (d) provide your e-mail address. Voting may begin at 12:01 am Central Time on June 6, 2012 and must be received no later than 11:59 pm Central Time on June 12, 2012 (“Submission Period”). Sponsor will not notify entrant whether the Submission has been accepted or rejected. Limit one entry per person or Facebook account. Subsequent submissions received will be disqualified.
- JUDGING: Winners will be chosen at random.
- PRIZE: There will be five (5) Prizes, consisting of a physical $50 Sears gift card. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $50.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Submission of entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s agreement to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes. Prize is not transferable. Taxes on Prize are sole responsibility of winner. No Prize substitutions or cash redemptions allowed except by Sponsor, who may substitute a Prize of equal or greater value if advertised Prize becomes unavailable.
Return of any Prize or Prize notification may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any potential winner who cannot be contacted within three (3) days of first attempted notification will forfeit Prize. Potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability & Publicity Release (where permitted) within three (3) days following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
The intellectual rights to the Submission, if any, will remain with the entrants, except that these terms do not supersede any other assignment or grant of rights according to any other separate agreements between entrants and other parties. As a condition of entry, entrants agree that Sponsor shall have the right to use, copy, modify and make available the entry in connection with the operation, conduct, administration, and advertising and promotion of the Sweepstakes via communication to the public, including, but not limited to the right to make screenshots, animations and video clips available to the public for promotional and publicity purposes.
Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for, and winner’s consent to, Sponsor and its agencies to use the winner’s name, likeness and/or entry for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, winner agrees to release Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, loss or damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with their participation in this Sweepstakes or with respect to awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any Prize.
Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize.
By entering, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules. An entrant may be prohibited from participating in this Sweepstakes if, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or by annoying, abusing, threatening or harassing any other entrants, the Sponsor or associated agencies.
7. NO RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL OR OTHER PROCEDURES: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Sweepstakes are hereby excluded, and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. Entrants agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of Illinois
8. WARRANTY AND INDEMNITY: Entrants certify that their Submission is original and that they are the sole and exclusive owner and right holder of the submitted Submission and that they have the right to submit the Submission in the Sweepstakes. Each entrant agrees not to submit any Submission that (1) infringes any 3rd party proprietary, intellectual property, industrial property, personal rights or other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligation; (2) includes any personally identifiable information if any person other than entrant; or (3) otherwise violates applicable law in any countries in the world. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified the Sponsor at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the entrant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified the Sponsor at all times from and against any liability, actions, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses for or in respect of which the Sponsor may become liable by reason of or related or incidental to any act, default or omission by an entrant under these Official Rules including without limitation resulting from or in relation to any breach, non-observance, act or omission whether negligent or otherwise, pursuant to these Official Rules by an entrant.
9. ELIMINATION: Any false information provided within the context of the Sweepstakes by any entrant concerning identity, postal address, telephone number, ownership of right or noncompliance with these rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it believes in its sole and unfettered discretion infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party or otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules.
10. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission. Sponsor is not responsible for theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind. Sponsor is not responsible for inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof, except to the extent that any death or personal injury is caused by the negligence of the Sponsor. If for any reason the Internet portion of the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, disruption or termination of the Facebook service and/or website for any reason or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to immediately cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Caution: Any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law. Facebook.com is not affiliated with this Sweepstakes in any way and is not responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes or the awarding of any Prizes.
11. SEVERABILITY: If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
13. SPONSOR: Sears Holdings Management Corporation 3333 Beverly Road Hoffman Estates, Illinois 60179.